Setup your router to access the internet
- Plug the telephone cable from the Telkom wall socket into the ADSL port on your router.
- Connect your computer to Lan port 1,2,3 or 4 of the router using an ethernet cable. (You can also connect your laptop to the Wifi of the router using the details noted underneath the router).
Setup the router:
- Open your preferred browser (Safari, Chrome, Edge) and enter http://tplinkmodem.net or 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Enter admin as the username and password and click Login
- The quickstart wizard will start automatically, click NEXT.
- You will be prompted to select a Time zone. South Africa is on (GMT+2:00), click NEXT.
- The next step will prompt you for your adsl settings as well as your username and password. Enter the username and password sent to you when you first signed up. Ensure that VPI is 8, and VCI is 35.
- You will then be taken to the Wifi setup page.
- Enter the Wifi name, and Wifi password you would like to use.
- Click next to complete the setup wizard. If you were connected via Wifi, you will need to reconnect to the new network name with the password you have chosen.